Unconscious Bias Training
Develop genuine awareness of how unconscious bias operates, overcome it and harness the diversity at your disposal
Overcoming unconscious bias is critical to external perceptions of you as a company of integrity, credibility and consistency, and a great place to work.
Our unconscious bias training will enable your organization to significantly enhance its talent pipeline: from better staff recruitment to fairer opportunities for career progression. Bespoke to your business’ requirements, our training will also support your managers to have open, honest and constructive conversation with their direct reports, and to sensitively approach their everyday interactions at work.
Learn how we can support you to overcome unconscious bias in the workplace
Our focus isn’t just on the science and theory behind unconscious bias, it’s on what people can do about it in their day-to-day work.
In practice, this means:
– Building individual awareness of unconscious bias.
– Developing an understanding of the impact of unconscious bias in the workplace.
– Giving staff practical tools, strategies and frameworks they can apply to their roles straight away.
We recognize the unwritten code of how people typically progress in organizations, and we want your delegates to leave our sessions with the ability to break down the barriers to advancing diverse talent. Through our bespoke unconscious bias training, we’ll show your delegates how to account for bias when they decide who gets promoted, the best assignments, or informal support, allowing all members of your team to thrive.
See our workplace guide on the different types of unconscious bias.
There are over 150 examples of unconscious bias that manifest themselves in a wide range of ways. Here are some of the most common:
Collaborative design. Positive delivery. Practical outcomes.
Our unconscious bias training will be customized to your specific objectives and business goals. Led by your priorities, our diversity consultants will incorporate a range of unconscious bias training activities into your course, including:
– Presentations to set the context
– Personal experiences
– Customized actor-based scenarios
– Real-life case studies
– Facilitated exercises for individuals, small groups and the whole group
– Reflection, review and action planning.
As a result, your delegates will leave our sessions with the skills they need to:
– Clearly articulate their commitment to overcoming unconscious bias in the workplace
– Acknowledge the subtle ways in which unconscious bias plays out at work
– Understand the role of diversity best practice in their daily duties
– Feel clear about the various aspects within their roles that may be open to unconscious bias
– Identify opportunities to promote best practice and work with cultural adaptability
– Employ a set of practical tools and action plans to address unconscious bias wherever they work.
Get in touch to discuss how we can help build a training program for your team.
85% of the world’s CEOs say a clear diversity and inclusion strategy leads to increased performance
Your most engaged employees perform 20% better and are 87% less likely to leave your organization
We offer a variety of flexible delivery options to support you in tackling unconscious bias in the workplace. From face-to-face sessions, to bespoke webinars and interactive e-learning, there’s something for every diversity challenge within every organization.
Get in touch today and share your challenges. We’ll do the rest.
– Half day or whole day face session for small groups of up to 15 people– One facilitator, plus actors or acted video content– Interactive content to enable reflection, discussion and practical application– Tailored to delegate group: leaders, people managers or staff– 1 hour webinar for groups of 50– Real-time learning with engagement through chat box, polls and video– Fully bespoke content, including the use of filmed acted scenarios– We use two facilitators to maximize delegate engagement– Interactive exercises– Online 30 minute module– Knowledge check with pre-determined pass rate– Delegate reporting– Hosted on our learner management system (LMS)
Experiential actor-based unconscious bias training from Unstoppable Performance Leaders
Successful diversity management depends on bringing unconscious bias to life in innovative ways. Our unconscious bias training programs are built around experiential learning to more meaningfully engage your workforce with addressing unconscious bias in all its forms. In live actor-based workshops, we use intelligently scripted scenarios to highlight what so often stays hidden in the workplace.
The difference-maker: your delegates will experience the realities of unconscious bias first-hand, up close and personal.
Client feedback on these sessions is overwhelmingly positive. Our scenarios help them to not only see but also experience how subtle disadvantage works, and the emotional impact it has on individuals. By experiencing unconscious bias for themselves in new and surprising ways, your staff can set about driving genuine culture change.
Watch the video below for an example of our actor-based scenarios on unconscious bias in the workplace. How do you think the conversation goes? Would you change anything?